To obtain a Nulla Osta to the wedding in Italy, Brazilian citizens must meet in person the Brazilian Consulate (the consulate in Rome in case of a wedding in Tuscany or south central Italy, in Milan for a wedding in the north of Italy i.e. Venice)
Here are the documents that the Brazilian citizen must bring in Original:
- Declaration of 2 witnesses, be them relatives or not, with signature recognized at the Brazilian registrar, in the declaration they have to swear that they know the spouse, his/her marital status, his/her residency (address), his/her parenthood and the name of the spouse-to-be and that there are no impediments to their weddings. This document cannot be released before than 6 months from the wedding.
- Birth Certificate released by the Brazilian competent office, no older than 6 months.
- Valid Brazilian Passport
- Valid Picture ID, or passport of the spouse-to-be
- In case the Brazilian spouse is resident in Italy, the Italian “Carta di Identità” is to be presented.
- Formulário de solicitação da “Declaração para fins de matrimônio na Itália”;
In case the Brazilian Citizen be Divorced or Widowed these additional documents must be presented:
- Original marriage certificate with indication of Divorce or death certificate. This document must not be older than 6 months.
In case the Brazilian citizen be younger than 18 years old
- Parental authorization to the wedding with signature recognized at the Brazilian Cartório or at the Brazilian consular section. In this document the full name of the future spouse must be clearly stated.
Once obtained the Declaration valid to get married in Italy (Nulla Osta), it has to be legalized at the local prefettura (Efffetti wedding planners will manage this for you. The Nulla Osta has only 3 months validity
The Nulla Osta (declaração para fins de matrimônio na Itália) can only be requested by the Brazilian Citizen who will get married in Italy
(*)some Cartórios in Brazil can send the needed documentation via post. check with them here Cadastro de Cartórios no Brasil do Ministério da Justiça
Fees: € 15,00 (fifteen euros) Consulate opening hours to the public 08:30 – 12:00 pm. Documents can be collected from 08:30 to 14:30 pm. The Consulado-Geral em Roma only answers by mail [email protected], or fax 06 68 80 2883.Source Consulado do Brasil