Brazilian citizens Getting Married in Italy Documentation
Want to play it safe?
To obtain a Nulla Osta for a wedding in Italy, Brazilian citizens must meet the Brazilian Consulate in person (the consulate in Rome in the case of a wedding in Tuscany or south central Italy or the consulate in Milan for a wedding in the north of Italy i.e. Venice)
Please check the latest info on the consular webpage (for the district of ROME (which includes Tuscany: https://www.gov.br/mre/pt-br/consulado-roma/servicos-consulares/nulla-osta for the district of MILAN: https://www.gov.br/mre/pt-br/consulado-milao/servicos-e-agendamentos/declaracao-para-fins-de-matrimonio-uniao-civil-na-italia-ex-nulla-osta
Here are the original documents that the Brazilian citizen must bring:
- Declaration of 2 witnesses, being relatives or not, with signature recognized at the Brazilian registrar, in the declaration they have to swear that they know the spouse, his/her marital status, his/her residency (address), his/her parenthood and the name of the spouse-to-be and that there are no impediments to their wedding. This document cannot be released before 6 months from the wedding date.
- Birth Certificate released by the Brazilian competent office, not older than 6 months.
- Valid Brazilian passport
- Valid Picture ID, or passport of the spouse-to-be
- In case the Brazilian spouse is resident in Italy, the Italian “Carta di Identità” is to be presented.
- Application page;
In the case that the Brazilian Citizen is Divorced or Widowed these additional documents must be presented:
- Original marriage certificate with indication of Divorce or death certificate. This document must not be older than 6 months.
In the case that the Brazilian citizen is younger than 18 years old
- Parental authorization for the wedding with the signature recognized at the Brazilian Cartório or at the Brazilian consular section. In this document the full name of the future spouse must be clearly stated.
Once obtained, the valid Declaration to get married in Italy (Nulla Osta), has to be legalized at the local prefettura (Efffetti wedding planners will manage this for you.) The Nulla Osta has only 3 months validity.
The Nulla Osta (declaração para fins de matrimônio na Itália) can only be requested by the Brazilian Citizen who will be getting married in Italy.
(*)some Cartórios in Brazil can send the needed documentation via post. Check with them here Cadastro de Cartórios no Brasil do Ministério da Justiça
Fees: € 15,00 (fifteen euros) Consulate opening hours to the public 08:30 – 12:00 pm. Documents can be collected from 08:30 to 14:30 pm. The Consulado-Geral em Roma only answers by email [email protected], or fax 06 68 80 2883.
Source: Consulado do Brasil please read the Brazilian version on this site for updated info (ROME)
Enquire below to be contacted by one of our Wedding Planners in Tuscany and Italy
Please Note: After filling in the form, please make sure you check your inbox for our reply, if you do not see any, please look into your spam folder. It may happen that our reply email are captured by spam filters, if so, please add our address to your white list.
An Italian wedding coordinator will reply to you requesting a non-binding call, which will help you and us focus on the exact requirements for your wedding.